On 31 March 2021, Suriname was found to have made meaningful progress in implementing the 2016 EITI Standard.
Timeline of Validation and related materials
- 23 November 2019: Suriname's MSG applied for an extension on the deadline for its Validation. Validation to take into consideration all publicly available information up to 13 February 2020.
- 13 February 2020: Validation commenced.
- October-November 2020: Stakeholder consultations
- 23 December 2020: Report on Initial data collection and stakeholder consultation
Validation Report & comments
- 12 February 2021 - Draft Validation Report
- 5 March 2021 - Comments from the MSG
- 9 March 2021 - Final Validation Report and response to the MSG
Validation Committee and Board review
- 17 March 2021 - VC Recommendation to the Board, VC Paper 38-2
- 31 March 2021 - Board decision 2021-23/BC-305, scorecard and corrective actions [English]